- Best Practices
- Department Letterhead
- Graduate Student Resources
- Human Resources/Payroll
- Research Assistance
- University Email
- Work Request
- "Assessing Your Course" from the University Center for the Advancement of Teaching (UCAT)
- Resources from the College of Arts and Sciences Curriculum and Assessment Services
- Archived materials from the OSU Student Affairs Assessment & Research Conference
BuckeyeBox is Ohio State's supported file storage and collaboration tool.
eTimesheet (timesheet for bi-weekly staff and student employees)
eLeave (leave requests for faculty and staff)
Request for leave - funded graduate students [pdf]
Benefits Information (overview of the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University)
Employee Self Service (ESS) (update your personal information, enroll and manage your benefits elections, view your pay information, manage your direct deposit, and enroll to receive your W-2, among other services)
Your Plan for Health (programs and resources to promote health and wellness)
- If the business travel is funded entirely by another organization (no reimbursement expected from Ohio State), please complete only the Business Leave Request.
- If the travel is funded by any OSU funding source, please either complete the Pre-Trip Form or enter your travel details directly in the eTravel system using the instructions below.
Individuals traveling on university business must book their flights and car rentals through Ohio State's travel partners. It's recommended that you first search online for an estimate of the flight you will likely want to book and use the estimate to complete the eTravel or Pre-Trip Form. Once your travel has been approved and assigned a Tnumber, log into the CTP/Concur system to book your flight. You will not be able to book the airfare without a Tnumber.
Access eTravel System (travel approval):
- Select New (Create a new Travel Request).
- Clearly state Business Purpose of Trip (e.g. presenting paper at the American Political Science Association annual conference).
- Describe Funding Source (PSA, start-up funds, NSF grant, etc.).
- Enter Departure and Return dates and times.
- Enter Departure and Destination cities.
- Enter estimated costs of trip (press + button to add items such as transportation, lodging, and registration). If "Airfare" is selected, select "Corporate Travel Planners (CTP)" as the travel agency.
- Enter Third Party Payment information if part of the trip will be funded by another organization.
- Travel Chartfield Details will be entered by Jessica.
- Save the travel request, then attach documentation (+Add) of presentation at conference (name listed on program, e-mail notifying of presentation, etc.) or other business activity. Graduate students should attach documentation of their faculty advisor or dissertation committee chair approval (an email will suffice).
- In the Notification section, enter firstname.lastname@example.org and press Save and Send Email. This e-mail will inform Jessica that you have entered a travel request and will provide her with a link to the request. Jessica will contact you if additional information is needed.
Book Travel Online (purchase airfare):
Combining Business and Personal Travel
A cost comparison to demonstrate any variance in costs when combining business travel with personal travel is required. This must be captured prior to the purchase of airfare and retained with the receipt documentation.
Booking options that will ensure compliance with the university policy include (Tnumber required):
- Split Payment: CTP’s full-service agents can facilitate a split payment between the traveler’s credit card and the university’s credit card for the difference in personal airfare (airline exceptions may apply).
- Traveler Expensed: Apply the full amount to the traveler’s credit card in Concur or with a CTP full-service agent and seek reimbursement for the business portion of the airfare after completion of the trip.
Reimbursement Request Instructions
To request reimbursement once the trip is completed, fill out the Post-Trip Form and submit the form along with original itemized receipts with proof of payment to Jessica Valsi (.1) in 2140 Derby Hall. Receipts are not needed for meals (per diem) or mileage.
Work request form [pdf] (scanning, copying, etc.)