FACULTY IN THE NEWS: Early March—Early April Round-Up
The Department of Political Science would like to acknowledge recent media pieces highlighting members of our world-renowned faculty (this list is not exhaustive). See the articles below for quotes, commentary and research features from our professors:
- Dr. Erin Lin—Undisciplined: Death in the Soil. Utah Public Radio. Published March 4, 2021 (radio feature).
- Dr. Vladimir Kogan—Schools scrambling, students behind after year of COVID. Dayton.com. Published March 7, 2021 (article).
- Dr. Tom Wood—Ohio State Researchers Study Effects, Nature of Covid-19 Misinformation. The Lantern(Ohio State’s student-run newspaper). Published March 10, 2021 (article).
- Dr. Tom Wood—“Schoolhouse Burning” Book Author Says Threats To Public Education Threaten Democracy. Ideastream.com. Published March 10, 2021 (article).
- Dr. Vladimir Kogan—East Cleveland Schools CEO: In Remote Learning, Kids Would 'Just Disappear'.Ideastream.com. Published March 12, 2021 (article).
- Dr. Michael Neblo—Opinion: A shop-like class needed to educate citizens. The Columbus Dispatch. Published March 15, 2021 (op-ed).
- Dr. Inés Valdez—Ohio State’s RAISE Initiative to Hire 150 Diverse Faculty Members has Hopes, Concerns among Cultural Studies Leaders. The Lantern (Ohio State’s student-run newspaper). Published March 17, 2021 (article).
- Dr. Benjamin McKean—Pope Francis and the dehumanizing nature of contemporary economies.America. Published March 18, 2021 (article).
- Dr. Erin Lin—American bombing 50 years ago still shapes Cambodian agriculture. The Economist. Published March 19, 2021 (article).
- Dr. Benjamin McKean—The Boat Stuck in the Suez Canal Shut Down Global Commerce. So Could Organized Workers. The Jacobin Magazine. Published March 30, 2021 (article).
- Dr. Paul Beck—No voting changes in Ohio as other states scramble to tighten or loosen voter laws. ABC6. Published April 6, 2021 (article).
- Dr. Vladimir Kogan—The Politics of Post-Pandemic Education. Niskanen Center. Published April 8, 2021 (article).