Major Cecelia P. Kinney is an Air Force Institute of Technology student enrolled at Ohio State University. She is pursuing an Air Force sponsored PhD in Political Science.
Major Kinney entered the Air Force in October 2009 as a Reserve Officer Training Corp graduate from the University of California Santa Cruz. She is a Senior Air Battle Manager with over 1,000 E-3 flight hours.
Major Kinney has accrued over 250 combat hours deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and Combined Defense of the Arabian Gulf. Prior to her current position, she was a student at Air Command and Staff College, Montogomery AFB, Alabama.
2009 Bachelor of Arts, History, University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, Calif.
2009 Bachelor of Arts, Politics, University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, Calif.
2009 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 Masters of Arts, Political Science, American Military University, Charlestown, WV.
2023 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. December 2009 – October 2010, Undergraduate Air Battle Manager Training, Tyndall AFB, Florida.
2. December 2010 – December 2011, Student, Initial Qualification Training, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma.
3. January 2012 – August 2013, Air Weapons Officer, 963rd Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma.
4. September 2013 – September 2016, Instructor Air Weapons Officer, 966th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma.
5. September 2016 – April 2019, Evaluator Air Weapons Officer, 961st Airborne Air Control Squadron, Kadena AFB, Japan.
6. May 2019 – May 2021, Instructor Air Battle Manager, 337 Air Control Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Florida.
7. May 2021– June 2022, Wing Executive Officer, 325 Fighter Wing, Tyndall AFB, Florida.
8. June 2022 – May 2023, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
9. May 2023 – Present, Student, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
(Current as of August 2023)