The Advisory Board for the Ohio State University Department of Political Science, formed in 2016, works in conjunction with the faculty, students, and staff of the Department to support and strengthen the Department’s goals and academic standards while providing advice to the Department on how it can better serve its students, the University, the State of Ohio, and the Political Science Profession. Through its partnership, the Advisory Board and the Department of Political Science seek to:
- Enhance the experience of undergraduate majors and graduate students while continuing to provide high-quality education in Political Science for all students
- Strengthen ties between the department and business community, government agencies, academic institutions, and other employers of our graduates.
- Build a strong network of alumni and friends who support and collaborate with the department
- Build an internship/placement program that will help the department attract outstanding students
- Provide support and resources for the faculty in their research mission
- Maintain and enhance the national ranking of our graduate program and department
We expect that board’s members will act as goodwill ambassadors for the Department and help the department tap into vital alumni and other resources for the Department.
Current Board Members
- Paul Perry, Chair, Retired Attorney, Miller Canfield
- Miriam Browning, Retired Senior Executive, Browning Consulting Group LLC
- J. Michael (Michael) Cavanaugh, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP
- Andrew Holbrook, Director, Customer Analytics and Segmentation, Wells Fargo
- Julie Bell Lindsay, Managing Director and General Counsel of Capital Markets and Corporate Reporting, Citigroup Inc.
- Michael Nelson, Senior Director, Global Tax Audits and Controversy, Pfizer